Half Day Heli Rafting - Pure White Water
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Golden, BC
- Product code: PURE
THIS TRIP ISN'T RUNNING IN 2020 DUE TO COVID-19. The White Water EXPRESS is an alternate half day trip option.
*If you have to cancel your trip, the full amount is refundable (less a $10.00 per person processing fee) provided we are given at least 30 days notice prior to your trip. If notice occurs within 30 days of the trip the $100.00 per person deposit becomes non-refundable, and within 21 days of the trip the full amount is non-refundable.
Minimum Number Policy
*We need a minimum number of people for all heli trips. If those numbers are not met we will not be able to book the helicopter. If minimum numbers are not met you will not be charged for the third leg of your trip, or for the heli flight.
*We are on Mountain Time - the same time as Calgary and Banff. If you are coming from the west please account for the 1 hour time difference. No refunds will be given for trips missed due to the time zone change.
Please arrive at least 15 - 30 minutes prior to your trip to allow time for check in and signing waivers. If you are late we cannot delay the trip from leaving. No refunds will be given for missed trips.
High Water Policy
* The Kicking Horse lower canyon can only be run at specific water levels, and it will be closed at certain times throughout the summer when the water becomes too high for us to safely run it (typically June and early July). When this occurs, we run the middle canyon whitewater section twice. Not to worry though – at high water, the middle canyon is as good as it gets!
* If we can't raft the lower canyon due to high water you WILL STILL be flying in the helicopter. The heli will fly you back up the canyon to raft the second lap of the middle. The flying time is the same for both trips. If you book a heli trip you are confirming your seat in the helicopter regardless of whether you're rafting the lower canyon, or middle canyon twice. Even through there is road access to the middle canyon, you cannot downgrade your trip day of, as your seat(s) in the heli will already be confirmed. Please be aware that if other guests upgrade their trip on the day to add on a second lap of the middle canyon, they will have the option to drive back up with our bus. If you've booked a heli trip you will be flying - you DO NOT have the option downgrade your trip to ride the bus.
*Advance notice of whether or not we'll be rafting the lower canyon cannot be given, as many factors can change very quickly. The decision to raft the lower canyon is made the morning of the trip when we have the most recent information on water levels, weather etc. Please try to understand that river levels are completely up to Mother Nature and are not something we can control.
*We hold the right to cancel a trip if water levels fluctuate to a level that makes it unsafe for us to raft on the Kicking Horse River. As water levels are completely dependent on Mother Nature, we may not know until the day before, or morning of the trip. This decision would be made entirely based on safety. If we cancel a trip for this reason a full refund will be given.